Our most recommended tour Cuyabeno Tour 4 days 3 nights to enjoy the maximum wildlife in a relatively short tour of 4 days and 3 nights. Perfect for couples or families with kids that want to enjoy at most their Amazon Expedition.
Price: US$ 280 per person
Lago Agrio, El Puente
Flight (9:20am ECT) or bus (one day prior-7 hour trip) to Lago Agrio.
Lago Agrio, El Puente– Canoe through the Cuyabeno River (approx. 3 hours) while our guides give lectures about the area’s flora and fauna. Arrive at Canangueno Lodge to relax before dinner and a night walk.
After breakfast, we will visit the Siona Secoya Community of Tarapuy accompanied by our guides that will explain the cultures and traditions. Additionally, there will be a demonstration of the making of earrings, necklaces, shigras (woven bags), and cassaye (yuca bread).
In the afternoon, we will enjoy the magic of nature by the Cuyabeno River listening to bird calls, monkeys, and- with a little luck- catch a glimpse of pink dolphins and much more.
After breakfast we will embark on a motorized canoe and will visit the large lagoon where we will walk through the main forest. Our guides will talk about the flora and fauna here, along with the various uses of medicinal plants. We will then enjoy an evening at the Horizante de Cuyabeno before returning to the Lodge at night to observe the alligators.
Enjoy animal watching at 6:00am by the Cuyabeno River before returning for breakfast. Depart from the Lodge at 9:30am to el Puente (Arrive at Lago Agrio at 4:00pm) and take a bus or plane back to Quito.
OUR PRICES INCLUDE:
- Bilingual Naturalist Guide
- Transportation from Lago Agrio (bus and canoe)
- All camping equipment (rain coat, boots, mosquito netting & life jacket, towels
- Electricity for charging batteries
- All huts with private bathroom (tollet, shower and washbasin)
- Meals in the tour (breakfast, lunch, dinner & pure water)
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Transportation (plane or bus) Quito-Lago Agrio-Quito
- Entry fee to the Cuyabeno Reserve at the present time
- Community Cassave USD ($5.00) Shaman USD ($10.00) per person
- Meals before and after the tour
- Additional beverages
- LONG SLEEVED COTTON SHIRT, 2 OR MORE
- LONG TROUSER, 2 OR MORE (NOT JEANS)
- SHORTS, 2 OR MORE
- T-SHIRTS,3 OR MORE
- COTTON SOCKS, A PAIR PER DAY
- COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES AND SANDALS
- WINDBREAKER OR SWEATER
- BATHING SUIT
- COTTON UNDERWEAR
- DIGITAL CAMERA
- SMALL BACKPACK (WATERPROOF)
- INSECT REPELLENT
- ZIP-LOCK BAGS TO KEEP CLOTHES EQUIPMENT DRY
- BINOCULARES (OPTIONAL)
- TORCH (FLASHLIGHT) WITH EXTRA BATTERIES
- PLASTIC WATER BOTTLE
- BOOK AND NOTEBOOK
- FIRST AID KIT
- TOILET KIT (SOAP AND BIODEGRADABLE SHAMPOO)
- HAT OR CAP
- ORIGINAL PASSPORT