A great tour to enjoy the maximum wildlife and Kichwa culture in a mid-long Cuyabeno Tour 5 days 4 nights. Perfect for adventurers and people who want to spend more time in the Jungle.
Price: US$ 320 per person
Lago Agrio, El Puente
Flight (9:20am ECT) or bus (one day prior-7 hour trip) to Lago Agrio.
Lago Agrio, El Puente– Canoe through the Cuyabeno River (approx. 3 hours) while our guides give lectures about the area’s flora and fauna. Arrive at Canangueno
Lodge to relax before dinner and a night walk.
After breakfast, we will visit the Siona Secoya Community of Tarapuy accompanied by our guides that will explain the cultures and traditions. Additionally, there will be a demonstration of the making of earrings, necklaces, shigras (woven bags), and cassaye (yuca bread).
In the afternoon, we will enjoy the magic of nature by the Cuyabeno River listening to bird calls, monkeys, and- with a little luck- catch a glimpse of pink dolphins and much more.
After breakfast we will embark on a motorized canoe and will visit the large lagoon where we will walk through the main forest. Our guides will talk about the flora and fauna here, along with the various uses of medicinal plants. We will then enjoy an evening at the Horizonte de Cuyabeno before returning to the Lodge at night to observe the alligators.
After breakfast, downstream we will visit the house of the shamans, where they will teach us part of their ancient healing traditions with the use of their medicinal plants.
After returning to the Lodge, we will have lunch and time to relax and enjoy the scenery.
In the afternoon we will enjoy upstream canoe paddling where we will have the opportunity to learn about the rainforest’s ecosystem and you will be able to observe birds flying closely such parrots, toucans and butterflies of all colors.
At night our bilingual guides certified by the Ministry of the Environment will highlight what was learned on this tour by our bilingual guides certified by the Ministry of the Environment.
Rio Cuyabeno, El Puente
Enjoy animal watching at 6:00am by the Cuyabeno River before returning for breakfast. Depart from the Lodge at 9:30am to el Puente (Arrive at Lago Agrio at 4:00pm) and take a bus or plane back to Quito.
OUR PRICES INCLUDE:
- Bilingual Naturalist Guide
- Transportation from Lago Agrio (bus and canoe)
- All camping equipment (rain coat, boots, mosquito netting & life jacket, towels
- Electricity for charging batteries
- All huts with private bathroom (tollet, shower and washbasin)
- Meals in the tour (breakfast, lunch, dinner & pure water)
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Transportation (plane or bus) Quito-Lago Agrio-Quito
- Entry fee to the Cuyabeno Reserve at the present time
- Community Cassave USD ($5.00) Shaman USD ($10.00) per person
- Meals before and after the tour
- Additional beverages
- LONG SLEEVED COTTON SHIRT, 2 OR MORE
- LONG TROUSER, 2 OR MORE (NOT JEANS)
- SHORTS, 2 OR MORE
- T-SHIRTS,3 OR MORE
- COTTON SOCKS, A PAIR PER DAY
- COMFORTABLE WALKING SHOES AND SANDALS
- WINDBREAKER OR SWEATER
- BATHING SUIT
- COTTON UNDERWEAR
- DIGITAL CAMERA
- SMALL BACKPACK (WATERPROOF)
- INSECT REPELLENT
- ZIP-LOCK BAGS TO KEEP CLOTHES EQUIPMENT DRY
- BINOCULARES (OPTIONAL)
- TORCH (FLASHLIGHT) WITH EXTRA BATTERIES
- PLASTIC WATER BOTTLE
- BOOK AND NOTEBOOK
- FIRST AID KIT
- TOILET KIT (SOAP AND BIODEGRADABLE SHAMPOO)
- HAT OR CAP
- ORIGINAL PASSPORT