Where is Canangueno Lodge Located?
The Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve is located north-east from Quito; it’s indeed one of the most biodiverse zones in the Ecuadorian Amazon Jungle. This reserve has 14 lakes, the ones that give the tourist the unique opportunity of admiring the beauty of the flora and fauna in this flooded rain-forest, known as Igapó. This reserve is part of the Ecuadorian National Protected Areas System,
How do I get there?
Your first destination is continental Ecuador. Whether you’re traveling from the Americas, Europe or the Pacific region, you should book an international flight to Ecuador, Quito o Guayaquil. Jose Joaquin de Olmedo International Airport in Guayaquil (GYE) receives flights from U.S. cities of Miami and New York, European cities of Amsterdam and Madrid, and major cities of Central and South America. Mariscal Sucre International Airport of Quito (UIO) receives flights from the U.S. via Atlanta, Houston, Miami, and New York; from Europe via Madrid and Amsterdam; and from many major cities in Central and Southern America. It is reccommended to arrive in Ecuador at least two days before your Amazon Jungle Trip begins and catch your international flight home at least two days after your stay in the the jungle (although one day prior departure also works). Once you have your flight to mainland Ecuador, getting to the the Amazon Jungle, Cuyabeno Reserve (Coca City Airport) is easy.
What's the weather like in Cuyabeno Reserve?
Climate: Cuyabeno Wilslife reserve It is a tropical rainforest, with a precipitation of ≈ 3000 mm (9.85 ft.) a year, and humidity percentages ranging from 60 to 85. From December to March we have a marked dry season. The rainy season goes from April to July, (this certainly means, the chances of raining are higher than in other months. Warm and sunny days are perfectly common). From August to November, rain is moderate. The annual temperature ranges over 25 Cº (77 Fº).
What to pack for a trip in Canangueno Lodge Amazon Jungle?
The dress code is very casual and comfortable. There is really no need to wear anything other than shorts and T-shirts once you arrive in the Amazon Jungle. You will be doing a lot walking and touring, so pack comfortable shoes and light clothes and of course, a swimming suit, as some activities involve snorkeling. Take in mind that you will probably spend a day or two in Quito, which in the other hand, is at a higher elevation and you will need long pants, sweaters, and coats if you go out at night. Here’s a useful packing list: – Cotton shirts, – Small backpack (waterproof) – Long trousers, (not jeans) – T- Shirts, 3 or more – Cotton socks, a pair per day – Comfortable walking, shoes and sandals – Cotton underwear – Sweater – Insect repellent – Shorts – Hat or cap – Bathing suit – Lught raincoat – Water Canteen – Binoculars – Torch (flashlight) – Sun block – Book and notebook – Toiletries – Money – Sunglasses – Original Passport – Prescription medicines and small first aid kit
Do I need an specific vaccine to go to the Amazon Jungle?
Vaccine recommendations for travel to Ecuador: There are no compulsory vaccination requirements to enter Ecuador, Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve or to participate in any of the tours by Canangueno Lodge. However, you may consult your doctor for up-to-date medical travel information or for any necessary vaccinations and anti-malarial requirements before departure if desired.
- Routine: Verify that you are up-to-date on all routine vaccinations such as measles, tetanus, etc.
- Yellow Fever: This vaccination is not mandatory. Recommended: for all travelers 9 months of age and older traveling to areas less than 2,300 m (7545 ft) in elevation in the following provinces east of the Andes Mountains: Morona-Santiago, Napo, Orellana, Pastaza, Sucumbios, and Zamora-Chinchipe. Generally not recommended for travelers whose itinerary is limited to areas less than 2,300 m (7545 ft) in elevation in the following provinces west of the Andes Mountains: Esmeraldas, Guayas, Los Rios, Manabi, and designated areas of Azuay, Bolivar, Canar, Carchi, Chimborazo, Cotopaxi, El Oro, Imbabura, Loja, Pichincha, and Tungurahua. Yellow Fever vaccination should be given 10 days before travel.
- Malaria in Ecuador: Although the relative risk of tourists contracting Malaria in Ecuador is low, anti-malaria precautions are recommended for all areas less than 1,500 meters (4,921 ft.) in elevation. .
Are there cash machines in Cuyabeno?
Cash and banks * There are cash machines and banks in Coca City. *Canangueno Lodge DOES NOT take credit cards and no cash machines are availanle at the lodge * We highly recommend bringing cash in small denominations.
What is the difference between Jungle Tours by Canangueno Lodge and other jungle tours?
It is difficult to say a major difference. We know most tour operators in the area and we even work with them sometimes. Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve is the area of operation of most lodge activities. However, we do fee that at Canangueno Lodge, we strive to provide an authentic jungle experience. All our staff and operation members are passionate about the Amazon Jungle, Cuyabeno Wildlife Reserve and its cultural heritage. Hence, we have worked hard to design sustainable and functional travel itineraries. Our activities are thought to be adaptable and flexible enough to both, jungle conditions and travelers’ interests. We do not stick to rigid plan, we like to keep things smooth and go with the flow of our guests. We also work closely with the local communities; the Siona people have helped us in building the lodge and designing activities, and provide our trips with the rich cultural heritage of its people. We believe that our passion and philosophy to work with the jungle and protect its rich natural resources is what makes our tour and lodge stand out. Come as see for yourself! .
How does the booking process work?
For ONLINE BOOKING:
- Our online payment system requires the full amount of the tour. The payment is done with a credit card via Pay Pal account. However not all our programs are available for online booking, in whih case you should fill an availability form to start the booking process.
For STANDARD BOOKINGS via EMAIL
- The reservation process via email depends on the trip being booked. For our Galapagos Land Tours for example a first paymente of 30% of the total amount is required. If booking a cruise, the paymente process will depend on the cruise being booked. We shall inform you via email how thr Booking Process will work.
What are my payment options?
We have two different payment options:
- – By credit card (Via Pay Pal): This applys for both, ONLINE BOOKINGS and to STANDARDBOOKINGS via EMAIL.
- – Bank Transfer or Deposit:
- Banco del Pichincha (Quito-Ecuador) or
- Bank of America in USANOTE: Please talk to your bank so that we get the value on the invoice. Bank charges are not borne by Nature Galapagos & Ecuador
Are all your prices in US dollars?
Yes, all of our prices are quoted in US dollars. (Official Currency in Ecuador)
What information is required for the reservation and invoice?
Please, provide the following information:
- Last names
- First names
- Passport numbers
- Date of Birth
- Allergies or illnesses
- Food restrictions
- Contact phone number
- Type of room
- Dates of trip/ # of days and nights
Is a medical insurance inlcuded in the cost of the trip?
No. Your should make use of a private medical insurance in case of emergency. Plese take in mind that it is now a requirement of the Ministry of Tourism Ecuador to have a International Health Insurance. This is a compulsory requiremenn in order to enter the country.
Should I book my flights to Lago Agrio Airpot before booking the tour?
We highly recommend that you speak with one of our travel agents before purchasing your flights from Quito to Lago Agrio. Currently, Tame is the only airline flying form Quito to Lago Agrio. You can get to Lago Agrio either by bus or by plane, we can gladly help you making this arrangements if needed. However it is a must to be at Lago Agrio ready for pick up at 12am on day 1 of the tour. Make sure you arrive Lago Agrio before 12 AM in the afteroon in order to start the tour on time. If you are staying in Quito and have trouble finding air tickets to Lago Agrio Airport, you can also get ticket to Coca City, which is at 1h30 ride from Lago Agrio. You will then have to travel by land from Coca to Lago Agrio Airport, the meeting point, either by bus or by private shuttle. We can also arrange for private transportation for this ride if needed. Please read more on how to get to Lago Agrio here.